Saturday, February 27, 2021

Lovely Blog Party: Would You Really?


As I mentioned in my last post, Cordy is hosting a Lovely Blog Party for the whole month of February (it's nearly over! :(), and as part of that she has created a fun little Would You Really? tag that I can't resist filling out. :D 


1. Would you ever got for a walk in the pouring rain to avoid the company of a gentleman caller?

I wouldn't put it past myself. As a general rule, I would consider that to be too rude to actually do, but if I had completely Had Enough of said gentleman caller and was having a frustrating day... Marianne Dashwood might not be alone in her actions. ;)


2. Would you ever, truly, try your hand at matchmaking?

I think not. I would not dare risk the wrath if plans went askew.


3. Would you be comfortable wearing glass slippers for a night out at a ball?

YES!! Because apparently they're "really comfortable" and who wouldn't want to wear beautiful, comfortable shoes to a ball?!



4. Would you ever eat an apple given to you, rather forcibly, by a stranger?

I must admit I probably would, assuming the stranger didn't have a wild, evil look in their eye. Or perhaps I would ask if I could save it for later and then subtly dispose of it afterwards? 

5. Would you ever pretend to be a man's fiancée who you've never actually met?

No. There are too many ways that could go wrong! But I would totally take a photo with a stranger and pretend to be engaged as a joke, hehe.


6. Would you ever dance with a stranger that sang to you in a forest?

I would, undoubtedly. Call me foolish, but if he can sing well surely he can dance well, and if he can dance well why not dance in a forest? It would be so magical.

To be fair though, I'd probably look more like this and be
serenading myself, totally unaware I'm being watched.

7.  Would you ever be the one to propose?

That I would not be able to make myself do. But I would try to give as many Helpful Hints as possible if he needed prompting. ;)


8. Would you ever visit the house of a man you refused but is supposedly out of town?

I would avoid it at all costs, but if pressed I would go along with the overall opinion, probably advocating a very "quick trip".  And once there, no doubt my curiosity would get the better of me and I would be the one lingering.

Thank you, Cordy, for coming up with such fun scenarios to imagine, and for hosting a delightful event!

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #1! Normally I would be too polite to skip out on a gentleman caller, but depending on how irritated I was that day...I'd be out of there. A little rain never did anyone any harm...right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one, Samantha. xD And generally I would say no, rain never did anyone any harm, but Marianne Dashwood and Jane Bennet might say otherwise? ;D

      Delete
  2. Haha, "Helpful Hints", I like how you put that. :D
    I'm glad you enjoyed the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you, Cordy! Well sometimes they might need a little prompting and prodding, you know. ;)

      Delete
  3. "ask if I could save it for later and then subtly dispose of it afterwards" Literally exactly what I would do if someone forced it into my hands. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right?! xD Have I done that before? Well, I wouldn't say no...

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)