Friday, February 12, 2021

Valentine's Day Period Drama Party Tag

Hey everyone!

I'm back again with a tag from Heidi's Valentine's Day Period Drama Party Blog Party. Let's get to it, shall we?

via Pinterest

1. Your current three (up to five!) favourite period dramas?

I'm going to go with my knee-jerk reaction answer to this otherwise we'll be here all day. 

  • Anne of Green Gables (1985)
  • Cinderella (2015)
  • Emma (2008)
  • Little Women (1994)
(That is in terms of movies... and probably book form also, although not sure about Cinderella.)

2. What would you recommend to someone who's never seen a period drama as a starter?

Hmm... possibly "Ever After"? It's a classic!

via Pinterest

3. A favourite couple that wouldn't be included in answer #1 and/or a favourite secondary character romance?

Dr. Harrison and Sophie Hutton in Cranford. :)

4. What do you consider foundational qualities for a healthy romance?

For each person to be a complete individual and not entering into a relationship solely because they think they're missing something. And grace. We need it in every aspect of our lives.

5. Worst villain/antagonist?

Honestly the "Ugly Stepmother" from Cinderella in any story still causes such grief to me. xD

via Pinterest

6. A favourite proposal scene?

How can you top Anne and Gilbert's?? I ASK YOU?!!?

7. Favourite period drama characters based on a real life couple?

For sure Beatrix Potter and Norman Warne. I actually wrote an essay in school about Beatrix Potter's real live and her darling relationship with dear Norman.

via Pinterest

8. Any classic b/w period dramas you like?

I confess I have not seen many... but Roman Holiday is cute! Does that count?

9. Most mature romance in a period drama?

Ohh, what a great question! Honestly Elinor Dashwood and Edward Ferras are the first that come to mind, simply because Elinor is so mature and sensible and was definitely ready to be married and have a home of her own. Edward... was getting there. ;)

via Pinterest

10. Most excruciating, long, slow-burn romance in a period drama?

Probably Anne and Captain Wentworth from Persuasion? Am I right or am I right? ;) 

11. A story that has multiple film adaptions where you love more than one of them?

Pride and Prejudice! I could get kicked out of the blogging world for saying this but I actually love P&P 1995 AND P&P 2005! Whaaat!

via Pinterest

12. A book you think needs to be made into a film (or a new adaption)?

"Eight Cousins" by Louisa May Alcott. Such a sweet, fun story - why did they never make a movie of it?! 

via Pinterest

This was really hard as there were SO many options to choose from! But that's the great world of period dramas - so many treasures at your fingertips. :D Be sure to check out the party happening over at Heidi's blog!

13 comments:

  1. Hey, high five for liking both versions of P&P! Same here. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elinor and Edward. <3

    Seriously, we do need a movie of "Eight Cousins"! Such a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha, I know. <3

      Yes!! Let's sign a petition or something haha!

      Delete
    2. Yesss! Also I lovee your blog, Gabby.

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, they need to do Eight Cousins, so then they can do it's sequel Rose in Bloom! That's the one I'm really looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well if they do both that's definitely preferable. And let's throw An Old Fashioned Girl in there too while we're at it!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Beatrix and Norman! That movie destroys me every time I watch it because I get so attached to them even when I know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MovieCritic, I'm so glad you agree! And I knooowww. I can only watch that movie once every few years because it makes me so sad. :(

      Delete
  5. I love both the 2005 and 1995 versions of P&P too, so if you get kicked out, I'll get kicked out too, and we can go start our own section of the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, haha well if that ever happens I'll be very glad to have you (and Olivia) with me. ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm so very happy you mentioned Cinderella (multiple times!).

    Miss Potter is so good, but I can only watch it once in a great while. Just thinking about it brings up all kinds of emotions.

    Agreed on needing more Alcott adaptations...

    And yay for liking multiple versions of P&P!!! *a kindred spirit ye are* XD

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)