Friday, May 8, 2020

Mystery Blogger Tag with a Twist!

Hey friends!

So today I thought I'd do a tag post, as right now I'm welcoming any form of entertaining or informative material. I also am going to add a little twist to one of the rules to make it more interesting! Keep reading for that. ;)



So I will confess, I wasn't specifically tagged for this, but my friend Katie left her tag open with some questions for whoever took her up on it. So thanks for the questions, Katie! ;)

 The Rules:

 (This tag was originally created by Okoto Enigma.)

  1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
  2. List the rules.
  3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
  4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
  5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
  6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
  7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
  8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
  9. Share a link to your best post(s)

Katie's Questions:


1. Your opinion on The Hunger Games?

Ooohh, a can of worms here. ;) Well, I can't fairly say because I'm still not sure what my opinion is. I've seen most of the first film, and the whole of the second one ("Catching Fire") which I didn't mind, but the story itself I do have a little issue with. I am actually planning on reading the books this year to make a proper opinion of it. So hopefully by the end of the year I can answer this properly. ;) 


Hunger Games Quote Sticker
Via Pinterest

2. What was your favorite subject in high school, and what do you think that says about you as a person?

My favourite subject was creative writing and languages and music. That says I was an indecisive youth who enjoyed expressing herself through words and sounds and detested learning sums that had no soul or meaning. (I was also a person who had deep thoughts about just about anything.)

3. If you could choose any meme to represent your inner soul, which meme would you be? (you know, Dark Kermit, angry lady yelling at cat, Blinking White Guy, Sponge-Bob’s “aight I’mma head out,” etc.)

I'm not very familiar with memes (the only one out of your examples I knew was Dark Kermit, and I'm pretty sure that's not me haha)... so after a quick search of such memes, I have found... that apparently my soul cannot be represented with a meme. xD So I went onto my funny/meme Pinterest board and found one that I think is pretty accurate of me:


Funny Animal Pictures Of The Day - 24 Pics
(Also me just trying to be part of any social gathering I come across)

4.Do you prefer movies or TV shows? Why? 

I don't necessarily have a preference. Movies I enjoy as a stand-alone, but TV shows are able to go into depth with the characters more, which I'm all about. I'd say generally speaking, I prefer movies, unless it's a particularly good movie, then I will wish it was a TV show so I could watch the characters for a much longer period of time haha. TV shows tend to make me dislike the characters by the end of six seasons or so, though, and that always frustrates me.

5. Honest answer: Would you be any good as a spy or secret agent? Why or why not?

Oh what a fun question! I'd actually say I wouldn't be too bad as a spy or secret agent. I'm pretty good at bluffing, and I can smoothly talk my way in or out of most situations. I can blend in with a group of people if I don't feel comfortable to talk, but I can also carry a conversation if need be. And contrary to popular belief, I'm not a bad one for secrets. ;) My biggest issue would probably be "betraying" someone if I am working to uncover a bad guy's identity, haha.

Agent 99 and Agent 86
Via Pinterest

... and the twist!

So now I'm supposed to tell you 3 things about myself! However, I thought I'd mix it up a little and give you a chance to get in on the fun. 

Instead, I will be giving you two truths and one lie, and you get to identify which is which.

1. I have been pulled over for two random breath tests. The first one, I accidentally forgot to put the car in park and it started to roll away as I was taking the test. The second time, the police officer walked over to my car window and exclaimed "Oh! The coffee lady!" (He recognized me from the cafe where I work.)

2. When I was first learning how to make latte art at work, I took out a coffee I'd made (which had an unsuccessful white dollop of froth on top, as was sadly often the case), and the customer commented kindly, "Oh, what a nice looking cloud!"

3. When I took a one day intensive first aid course, my instructor asked me to help him give a demonstration in front of the class. He was showing us how to correctly make a tourniquet, when he looked at my arm and realized his tourniquet was crooked, and told me I had funny elbows.

Okay! Now it's YOUR turn! Guess which you think is the lie in the comments and I'll let you know which one it is. ;) (And yes, two of these ARE true. My life is full of these kinds of stories.)

And there you go! I won't be nominating anyone as this tag has been going around, but if any of you would like to do it, by all means - go ahead!  

Doesn't #thespokenlife look so good on Hailey? Her style is simply unmistakeable! Check her out on Instagram @dreaming_outloud

Via Pinterest


Now go out and have a fabulous weekend, friends of mine. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)