Friday, October 16, 2020

An Appreciation Post for Padme's Wardrobe

Ok, so this might be the randomest post I will ever publish. xD But hey, I'm in a Star Wars frame of mind and there does happen to be a Star Wars party going on, so now seems like the perfect occasion to write a post solely gushing over Padme's crazy, decadent wardrobe! 

Shall we?


Ohh, this outfit was pretty epic! Wouldn't wearing that make you want to kick open doors and storm the castles buildings?! I know I would. Even the belt is cool!



Okay, seriously though - who looks this cute in their PJS?!?! And all those beads would surely be uncomfortable to sleep in... but throwing all rationality aside, I love the silky look and the falling beads! So elegant. *sigh*



This may be my absolute favourite outfit of hers. IT'S JUST SO STINKIN' CUTE. And like, doesn't it just SCREAM spring?! Perhaps not fully sold on the mini ear warmers (haha) but I think it's looks so elegant and dreamy! 😍


I mean, who wouldn't feel cool wearing this?! It has a CAPE and EVERYTHING! It's probably one of the more practical outfits, haha. But I love the slim fit paired with the block white and the lengthy boots... and also the hair is very On Point. ;)



Ahh, I love the baby blue colour and the flowy material on this one! Also, those cool sleeve things?! All her outfits have some extra element to make them so unique and fancy. I approve.


Oh, the elegance. Oh, the silky drapes. Oh, the colours! Okay, this one is super pretty - and I'm always a sucker for those kind of necklines. ;) But how could you NOT feel like a princess in this?!


Ok, is it just me, or does this outfit remind you of some form of comfy PJs?! xD I no joke think of it every time. But hey, cute PJs. I personally wouldn't wear them, but I think Padme rocks them.



Woah, is that a skirt! I do love the way the hood falls, though, and also the unique shade of green that she pulls off so nicely. (And also, Texture Much.)



Perhaps the most "sensible" of all her outfits? This one is so flattering, and a lot less flamboyant than the others. I think it's pretty. :)


Now I feel obliged to admit, not all of Padme's stylistic choices mesh with mine. This, for example, is not my idea of a beautiful makeup job:



Nor would this be my hairstyle of choice:


(And also, with my amount of hair, it would be a puny, wispy bit of a strand dangling down beside my head, haha. xD)

But hey, if I looked like this, when I got out of bed in the middle of the night, I'd make no complaints:


Okay, so I'll stop with the randomness, but do tell me - do you see your favourite Padme outfit on this post? 

And I'm very curious - which outfit would you most likely wear yourself? ;) I think I would probably pick the spring looking outfit, with the funny ear warmers, haha. xD (Or if  I was feeling particularly Boss, perhaps the slim-fitting white suit complete with a cape to flap around heroically in!) 

12 comments:

  1. Wow, these costumes are pretty amazing!! I'd love to wear the white bodysuit/cape combo, myself. I love Padme's simple hairstyle in that one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! And yes, that one is definitely a great choice! And I know, her hair is really pretty in that one - my cousin actually had a very similar hairstyle on her wedding day, actually. ;)

      Delete
  2. Padme's wardrobe gives me actual life. 'Decadent' is a perfect word for it. I love that you did an appreciation post bc now I'm not the only one. :D

    Padme having a picnic in a meadow with her yellow dress with the rosettes on it and the honeycomb headdress is Peak Cottage-Core and you cannot tell me any different. :-P

    I think I'd most like to wear her beaded nightgown, her ombre/lakeside dress, her Jasmine-style crop-top suit, or just that royal blue cape she wears over her night dress in AotC. :D (Also, unpopular opinion, but I actually genuinely adore her red outfit from Phantom Menace. xD)

    Love this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I felt like decadent did suit her wardrobe rather well. ;) And really?! Haha no way, that's too funny! Great minds. *fist-pump*

      I only partially understand what Cottage-Core is but I think you might be right. xD

      Ohhh, all good picks!! Ahh, honestly I'd probably wear all of them, haha! (And really?! Hehe, that's so funny!)

      Thank you <3

      Delete
  3. Gosh I love Padme's wardrobe so much. Disney could make an absolute killing (probably just from me alone) if they released replicas of the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh that's so true! I hadn't even thought of that. Wow, what a great point. I've seen her white bodysuit/cape as a costume at some stores, but there really are a lot of great outfits they could work with there!

      Delete
  4. This was a fun post! :D Padme has the most outfits and the most style of any STAR WARS character! I think I am most likely to wear the first one or the white cape one (The most popular one, probably XD) but, my favorite is the yellow/pink draped one that looks like a princess. *heart eyes* I also highly approve of all of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you! :D She most certainly does, yes! Ooohh, great choices. And haha yes, I'm glad you approve. My own wardrobe is disastrously overrun by blue material. ;)

      (Also sorry for the late reply! All blogging went out the window when I started full-time work.)

      Delete
  5. Oh, this is a great post! I love Padme's outfits as well. I'm not sure which one I'd wear, as we don't share the same styles at all, pretty much, but I do enjoy looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I get you - I would not at all consider my personal style to match Padme's either, but sometimes I like to imagine it does. ;)

      Delete
  6. Popping by to let you know I tagged you with my Delights of Christmas tag: https://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2020/12/12-delights-of-christmas-tag.html

    Would love to have you join in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Heidi! I will definitely be joining. :) <3

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)