Saturday, December 5, 2020

Spring Bucket List Check-off + Life Update

Hello all my lovely friends! 

Here I am, as promised, to check in and review how well I did with my spring bucket list! I must say, I surprised myself with how much I DID get done, but as you will see, it wasn't all of them. ;) 

Via Pinterest

 - Learn "All of Me" by Jon Schimdt on the piano   I worked quite hard on this one, and can definitely play it fluently, but I'm still perfecting it, which will be a long process, I think. ;)

- Give flowers to a friend (didn't have the opportunity for this one, although I still want to anyhow!)

- Have all/most of my Christmas shopping finished by the time summer/December rolls around  I basically just have a couple little last-minute presents to get and I'm done! I'm so proud of myself, haha.

- Freeze fruit (such as grapes and bananas)  I froze a banana and loved it so much I did it three times! When grapes come into season I'll definitely try them, too. 

- Go for a long bike ride (it was genuinely too hot for this... it's been over 40 degrees the past couple weeks.)

Via Pinterest

- Draw something spring-inspired  I didn't get to actually draw a proper picture for this one, but I did some intricate designs in my bullet journal that were definitely spring-inspired. :) 

- Cloud gaze (I literally tried so hard to do this one but we've literally just had clear blue skies for weeks xD)

- Drink coffee on the patio  This was no doubt the easiest, hehe.

- Dry some flowers (yeah, didn't have time and was also lacking flowers)

- Make ice cream (I did buy gelato twice on our beach trips though, hehe)

Via Pinterest

- Freshen up my blog look  I completed this very early on in spring, and am quite happy with how it is right now. And frankly I don't have the time to re-do it again anyway. *cough*

- Add more cute summery dresses to my wardrobe  Definitely didn't get as many as I'd hoped, but I do have some lovely new things in my summer wardrobe!

- Photograph nature  One afternoon I whipped my camera out in the setting sun and took some snaps. It reminded me of how I would like to get a proper camera someday.

I could have uploaded a pretty flower picture I took, but instead,
to keep it real, here is my little sister's pet goat eating said flowers.

- Learn to braid my hair properly (let's be honest, this will take me at least 10 years)

- Make and decorate cupcakes  I completed this one with my little siblings! :)

- Listen to "The Light in the Piaza" (musical)  I listened to the entire thing over 2 days, and enjoyed it! It wasn't quite as enthralling as I'd anticipated but it was sweet. 

Via Pinterest

And now let's address the elephant in the room... my lack of consistency and presence in the blogosphere of late. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but let's just say, switching from a 16 hour working week to a 38 hour working week has not been a walk in the park for me. And also, I'm silly enough to think I can still keep up with everything else I do (dance lessons, singing lessons, Bible studies, social events etc). I can't begin to explain how much I miss reading and playing the piano and having time to read and write blog posts, but they were just the activities that were left behind in the dust.

December is already here, though, (whaaat) so I will be getting some time off work, which I am Most Excited About. I do hope to catch up on some blog posts then (hopefully even create a little pile of drafts I can publish when life picks up its speed again?) and be less of a Ghost of Christmas Past phantom in the shadows. (Ok, can you tell I'm working on some Phantom songs with my singing teacher and I'm currently still in the operatic mood? ;)) 

So, to sum up my messy 'life update': I am excited to spend a bit more time on here during my Christmas break (in between Christmas baking, playing games with family, wrapping presents and dancing to Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas", naturally) and we'll see how it goes from there. I have SO many plans and dreams and ideas for 2021, but I genuinely have no idea which of those shall become a reality or which shall remain my favourite daydreams to ponder while I'm trying to go to sleep at night. If I had my way, I would fulfill all of my aspirations for the new year and would get so busy and burnt out that I would probably delete all social media accounts and hibernate under my pillow for a week, so I'm currently still tweaking what I want to prioritize (which is proving devastatingly difficult). I make no promises as to what will happen with my dear little blog next year, but I always hope for the best, and I have no wish to neglect it so poorly as I have done. But if I have learnt anything this year, it is that my plans do not mean anything if they are not in line with God's. 

It's so lovely to be back and I can't wait to talk to you all again soon! *blows kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)