Sunday, January 24, 2021

My Top 7 Podcasts

Hey friends!

Did anyone else out there discover podcasts just recently? Nope? Just me? Ok. Well, during the months of isolation that we had last year, I discovered the wonderful world of podcasts and lemme tell you, I am not going back. I love listening to them on long drives by myself (especially to work) - it's like I have a friend in the car and they're sharing some super interesting information. A lot of these have given me spiritual help, comfort and encouragement during some tough times, and I am going to share my top seven podcasts with you all, in case you're like me and on the look out for some good shows. ;)

1. WHOA That's Good!

Hosted by Sadie Robertson Huff (and often co-hosted by her husband Christian), this podcast is full of life and energy and great encouragement. I love how they approach deep topics with such openness and still keep it uplifting and bringing you back to God at the end of the day. Also, the entire podcast is centred around asking different people "what is the greatest piece of advice you've ever been given?" and I personally love getting advice, so. ;D


2. SHE

If you know Jordan Lee Dooley at all, you know she is SUCH a go-getter and she is always learning new things and in this podcast, she takes you along for the ride! Her episodes have great variety - anything from finances to mental health to business to wellbeing and back again! - and she always leaves you with more than one idea to chew on. I never get tired of hearing what she has to say.


3. Love and the Outcome

I love the music this band put out (also, they're a husband and wife band with two adorable little boys! What's not to love!!), and their podcast is just somethin' extra. I love how soothing it is - it's as if I'm sitting at Jodi & Chris's dining room table, sipping coffee and talking about God things. This is one I'll listen to if I need calming, peaceful words.


4. That Sounds Fun

Obviously - this one is SO. MUCH. FUN.! Annie F. Downs is one of the most enthusiastic, energetic people I've heard on a podcast and I love the vibes in this one! I particularly LOVE the EnneaSummer series on her podcast - highly, highly recommend. She also has other fantastic episodes too, such as "100 Days to Brave". So much great material to check out!


5. Dream Big

Ok, maybe Bob Goff is neck in neck with Annie for enthusiasm and energy levels?! Still can't get over Bob's attitude towards life in general, but it's definitely very inspiring and challenging. He has such a strong spark of fire and passion, and it's truly contagious. If you need a quick boost, pick-me-up of positivity and inspiration, definitely try this podcast! I listened to an episode just recently with his wife Sweet Maria and it was so wonderful. <3


6. Rhythms for Life

I don't know as much about Gabe & Rebekah Lyons' material as I do with the others, but what I have read or listened to I have really loved. I have read Rebekah's book "Rhythms of Renewal" which I loved, and this podcast is basically a broken down way of how to put it into practice with your day-to-day life; tackling the stress and anxiety of the world and replacing it with peace and purpose. Definitely another soothing one to listen to. 


7. The Good Life

This one is more just a ball of fun! Stevie & Sazan are well-known YouTubers and their podcast, which I only semi-recently discovered, can be very fun to have playing on a boring car drive... it's a lot like you're hanging out with some good friends in the car, and you're guaranteed to laugh a bit, and maybe also learn a little, too. I will warn you that sometimes they aren't afraid to discuss topics that may make some people uncomfortable, so listen at your own risk. ;) But they are a Christian couple and keep God at the heart of a lot of what they talk about.



And there you have it! 7 podcasts that I love, and I only just noticed that all of them are actually hosted by Christian people. However, I do believe anyone could take something from them, and they all are great content creators in their own right. 

Do tell me - are any of your favourites on this list? If not, what am I missing? I am always up for some more recommendations!

4 comments:

  1. I loooove podcasts!!! I haven't listened to any you listed, but I'm definitely doing to look them up! :D

    Some of my favorites are But What's Next with Michelle Reed, Club Candid by Reggie Ann, and As For Me and My House by Milena and Jordan Ciciotti. All really great and fun Christian podcasts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D Oh, I hope you like them!

      Thanks so much for the recommendations - they'll definitely be going on my list!!

      Delete
  2. I'm always on the lookout for podcasts! I haven't listened to any of these, but I'll try them when I get the chance. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I really hope you find one that speaks into your life and encourages you. Hope you like them! :)

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)