Sunday, January 3, 2021

Rating Every Book I Read in 2020

via Pinterest

The title pretty much says it all, but today I thought I'd do something a bit different and write a list of every book I read in 2020, and then rate it out of 10. (And I'm not one of those awe-inspiring folks that reads hundreds of books every year, so don't worry - it's not an intimidating list.) 

Also, before I go on, I will mention that I have a tradition of writing out the new year tag in a notebook annually, so if anyone would like to read my new years tag for 2020, let me know and I'll type it up. ;)

Alright, let's get to it!

  • "Unglued" by Lysa Terkeurst - 8/10
  • "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte - 7/10
  • "Love Does" by Bob Goff - 10/10
  • "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott - 10/10 [re-read]
  • "The ABC Murders" by Agatha Christie - 8/10 
  • "Digital Minimalism" by Cal Newport - 8/10
  • "The Four Tendencies" by Gretchen Rubin - 7/10
  • "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer - 9/10
  • "Rhythms of Renewal" by Rebekah Lyons - 10/10
  • "LIVE" by Sadie Roberson Huff - 10/10
  • "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo - 9/10
  • "Bread and Wine" by Shauna Niequist - 10/10
  • "Romanov" by Nadine Brandes - 9/10
  • "Girl, Wash Your Face" by Rachel Hollis - 7/10
  • "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper - 9/10
  • "To Hell With the Hustle" by Jefferson Bethke - 9/10
  • "Good Wives" by Louisa May Alcott - 10/10 [re-read]
  • "The Barefoot Investor" by Scott Pape - 9/10
  • "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee - 5/10
  • "Live Fearless" by Sadie Robertson - 10/10 [re-read]
  • "Show Your Work" by Austin Kleon - 7/10
  • "Little Men" by Louisa May Alcott - 10/10 [re-read]
  • "Don't Give Up, Don't Give in" by Louis Zamperini - 10/10 [re-read]
  • "The Road Back to You" by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile - 9/10
  • "Relaxing With God" by Andrew Farley - 8/10 [re-read]
  • "Dream Big" by Bob Goff - 8/10

via Pinterest

It honestly felt like I read a lot more than 26 books this year, haha, but hey, Les Miserables should really count as 10, right? ;)

Do you have any favourites on this list? Are you surprised by some of my ratings? I'd be eager to discuss it in the comments section below! 

9 comments:

  1. Haha, Les Mis should definitely count as ten. I have to read it for literature this month, and I'm extremely cowed by the sheer size of the book. But I am encouraged that you rated it as highly as Romanov. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good, I'm glad we're agreed! XD It is humongous, but I did actually enjoy it! I gave myself permission to skip any of the laborious passages that had no direct application to the story which made it feel a little more manageable, and thoroughly enjoyed the poetical style the rest was written in. It's one of those stories that just Gets Me, you know. :) I hope you like it as much as I did!!

      Delete
  2. Jane Eyre is my favorite novel, so it's fun to see it here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really?! That's so interesting! I felt a little ashamed I didn't rate it higher, but it was a little slow in pace for me, and I didn't relate to any of the characters much. :/ Maybe it's something I'll appreciate more on a re-read?

      Delete
  3. Reading Les Mis is a tremendous feat! Way to go! That would probably take me years. It looks like you had a pretty good reading year, as only one book was under 6/10. I hope that you have another good one in 2021!

    (For the record, I would be very interested in reading your answers to the new year tag)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! One of the good things that came out of the months of isolation. ;)
      Yes, I really did have a great reading year! I am quite particular with my choices (it takes me so jolly to read things these days, ahem) so I normally have had multiple recommendations and am quite sure I'll be interested in it or enjoy it before I pick it up. One of my reading goals is to experiment in reading a few books/genres I wouldn't normally go for! I did that a little in 2020 and it really payed off. So hopefully this year I can be even more adventurous. :D

      (Thank you! I will try to get around to posting it this week, if I can find the time between work. :))

      Delete
  4. Ah, love it! Recap posts are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)