Sunday, December 12, 2021

The Give Thanks for Books Tag

Rachel was kind enough to tag me with this one a few weeks ago, so just ignore the fact that I'm so late thank you. ;)



The Rules:

1. Thank the person who tagged you. Thanks Rachel! ;)

2. Fill out the tag. Well of course.

3. Share the tag graphic in your post. Done.

4. Tag four friends. Scroll to the bottom to see who.

5. Provide a clean copy of the tag for easy copying. Scroll to the bottom to see what.


The Tag:

G - A book you're Grateful to a friend for recommending: "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie

Actually, just all her books. I probably would have never bothered to go and read one except one of my friends insisted I should give them a go, this title particularly. I'm so glad I did; now I've read more of her books than I can count.

I - A book that fires your Imagination: "Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien

I know that's a standard answer, but there is no other answer better. His work sparks my creativity and fires up my imagination more than any other author I've read. 

via Pinterest

V - A book with a Vivid setting: "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier

 I can hear the ocean, I instantly see myself sitting in the morning room, with the bouquets of flowers placed around the room. I can feel the motor of the car as they drive along, and I can picture the maze of rooms, and hear the creak of the stairs in the west wing.

E - An Encouraging book: "Daring to Hope" by Katie Davis Majors

This isn't necessarily a light read, but it is an encouraging one. Especially if you're struggling with the goodness of God, or trying to find Him when the world is crashing down around you. I read it two years ago and it's still stuck with me. Katie Davis Majors has walked through a lot of pain and difficulty, and I believe she could speak into anyone's life and encourage them.

via Pinterest

T - A book that Taught you something: "Don't Give Up, Don't Give In: Lessons from an Extraordinary Life" by David Rensin & Louis Zamperini 

The whole book is literally life lessons from Louis Zamperini himself, who was an incredible man that lived an extraordinary life (true to the book's title). I have read this book twice and would highly recommend to anyone that loves to learn from older people and what they have experienced and learnt.

H - A Happy book: "How to be Lovely - the Audrey Hepburn Way of Life" by Melissa Hellstern

This is a super random book, but hey, why not? ;) This is a non-fiction, happy book filled with beautiful pictures of the actress Audrey Hepburn, with a commentary on her life, her fashion choice, her lifestyles etc. Just a fun, interesting little book.

via Pinterest

A - An Amusing book: "The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde

What a nonsensical, hilarious story! Highly amusing, and a very quick read. I chuckled a lot.

N - A New-to-you book or author you've discovered this year: Nadine Brandes

To be fair, I discovered her last year, but I haven't really "discovered' a new author this year, and I've only begun to love Nadine's work more and more - especially so this year. I follow her on Instagram and I love reading about her parenting and lifestyle etc. She seems like such a lovely, fun person.

K - A fictional character you feel a Kinship with: Anne Shirley

I can't go past Anne Shirley. We are not one and the same, but we're pretty darn close. I had the joy of playing her in a community theatre production of "Anne of Green Gables" this year, and the amount of people that said I was born to play the role of Anne, or that I had always reminded them of Anne, was staggering. She's like a friend I've grown up with, and I get her.

via Pinterest

S - A book you want to Share with others: "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper

Ughhh, there are SO many I could have picked. (Close runner-up would be "Everybody, Always" by Bob Goff. SUCH a good book.) But this one I would pick because I think everyone, at some point, wonders, "what am I doing with my life??" This is the book for you. A friend gave this to me after I had been mentioning my struggle of feeling as though I was choosing the wrong things in my life, but I didn't know how to glorify God and yet still pursue the hobbies I enjoyed and things I liked. I think this book is applicable for everyone.


The Questions:

G - A book you're Grateful to a friend for recommending

I - A book that fires your Imagination

V - A book with a Vivid setting

E - An Encouraging book

T - A book that Taught you something

H - A Happy book

A - An Amusing book

N - A New-to-you book or author you've discovered this year

K - A fictional character you feel a Kinship with

S - A book you want to Share with others


I Tag:

Samantha @ Bookshire 

Miss March @ Sunshiny Corner

And... most of the people I'd normally tag have already been picked. So if you'd like to do this one, definitely feel free to grab the above prompts, and let me know so I can read it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the tag!

    Ooh, "And Then There Were None" is on my reading list, and it was a recommendation from a friend, as well! I'm looking forward to picking it up...

    Nadine Brandes is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)

      Yes, it's so clever! Argh! I'm almost angry at how smart Agatha Christie was, haha.

      SHE MOST DEFINITLY IS!

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)