Sunday, January 5, 2020

Some Quiet Thoughts on 2020

Hey friends!

Ironically, I have six drafts already mostly done in my posts folder, but none of them felt like the right time to publish. (Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.) So I decided, instead, to spontaneously write something, and share it with you.

First light of spring. Krückling, Germany.
Via Pinterest

It's currently late Sunday afternoon, and I'm sitting in our air-conditioned living room. I have a cold (which is very rare for the middle of summer) and have felt terribly lousy the past few days. Outside, my little brother and my Dad are playing light sabers as they let the pet goat out (my little brother is obsessed with Star Wars currently - we literally sat down to watch "Revenge of the Sith" the other day, and he was giving us a quiet commentary on what each planet was named and what every insignificant character was called. Things that I've never even HEARD of! He said he read it in a book. xD He gets Star Wars books out from the library, you see). ANYHOW.

In short, it's a quiet afternoon on a seemingly insignificant day and I am here to address my thoughts, particularly those for this upcoming year. I know you've all been bombarded with "New Years Resolutions", "My 2019 in Review", "My goals for 2020" etc, and I don't mean to exhaust the topic for you. (Thus I didn't post my New Year's Tag that I wrote out in one of my notebooks... although if anyone WANTS to see it, let me know.) But instead, I just mean to share a few small, simple ponderings about 2020.

Posing as if you're really finding and picking those big, pink blooms in that…
Via Pinterest

I will admit, I am (and always have been) one for lists, goals and resolutions. If you were to consult my new bullet journal, you would find 3 financial goals, 3 fitness goals, 6 life goals, 11 healthy habit goals, and a few other lists I have not yet finished... yeah, I think I go overboard sometimes. ;) But, as I was reminded in Olivia's post, goals and resolutions are not essential. And I find I always stress myself out ridiculously over the sake of something that is supposed to keep me LESS stressed! (Isn't that what lists are for?!) So I want this year to focus on keeping with my resolutions, but also giving myself GRACE. To be gentle with myself, and others. One thing I regret not doing more of in 2019 is RESTING. I was so into hustling and Getting Things Done, that I would often find myself exhausted, with no time to relax, unwind, or give quality time to my friends or family. And that, friends, means my priorities had Issues. So this year, I aim to remember that rest is just as important as productivity, because without one, the other tips the scales and leaves you scrambling around trying to get your life together.

(To be clear, by the way, I have no idea where this post is going - somewhere good, I hope. Bear with me.)

✧P I N T E R E S T✧: https://www.pinterest.com.au/cpiggott21
Via Pinterest

I'll spare you all my goals for 2020, and just give you a run down on my 'resolution', of sorts. (Don't worry, it's nothing fancy.)

To summarize all my goals and ideas for the next 12 months, I simply want to focus on this: letting go of everything that has held me back in the past, and going after things that I've either been too scared or unable to do before. I don't want to let fear or anxiety call the shots anymore, and I want to use this year - while I'm still learning and growing in confidence and independence ;) - to learn priceless lessons and chase after the things that set my soul on fire. While I have the time, energy and motivation to do hard things, why not say no to all the lame excuses and just go and DO THEM???

I want to follow whatever the Lord has placed on my heart with courage and confidence, and step out in the knowledge that Jesus is greater than any pride, laziness or fear that I struggle with. With God, anything is possible. So why not reach for the stars? If I fall, I fall into His arms.

Via Pinterest

2020, let's DO THIS.

Do any of you have a similar 'resolution'? What has been on your heart of late? What has God been whispering to you? I'd love to talk about it!!

1 comment:

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)