Thursday, June 11, 2020

The Sunshine Blogger Award

Hey friends!
So for something fun today, I thought I'd participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award. I mean, who doesn't need a little sunshine in their life, right? ;)


So, *ahem*, confession time; I wasn't exactly nominated for this. ;) I just took Eva up on her offer of free tag questions, so here we are! 

Ze rules:

- List the Award's official rules (I guess this makes it official! ;))
- Display the award somewhere on your blog (look up, chi-ild)
- Thank the person who nominated you (Thanks Eva ;))
- Provide a link to your nominator's blog (✓)
- Answer your nominator's questions (we're getting there!)
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers (you always have to break at least one rule, right? :P)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions (I will be providing these, at least!)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on at least one of their blogs (*awkward silence*)


1. What was the last book you read and what did you think of it?

I'm always reading a non-fiction book and fictional book, so there are two. I just finished "LIVE" by Sadie Robertson which I absolutely LOVED! 10/10 would recommend!! Super fun, inspiring, encouraging and just full of truth and wisdom. 
I also just finished "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo.

give yourself a HUGE round of applause - GIF on Imgur
I know I know, a round of applause for me, right? *bows*

I have mixed feelings. ;) Someone I know remarked that Victor Hugo didn't believe in editing, and I'm inclined to agree. It was a novel with a side of encyclopedia. So for once in my entire reading lifetime, I gave myself permission to... *grimace*... skim? However, aside from all the blah-de-blah, it really was an endearing novel and I really did love his in depth descriptions and the level of which he developed his characters and setting. The story made me cry and laugh, and that is good story telling, my friends. And also, that ending. I cried (well, duh) and actually felt inclined to begin the story all over again because I didn't want to leave the poor dears. So I guess that proves I loved it after all!

2. What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

The last movie I watched would be Mission Impossible (#3, I think??). I'd seen scraps of it on TV every now and then but I sat down and joined my siblings in watching the full thing on Netflix. (Well, okay, I did miss the first 20 minutes or so, but I caught up. ;)) I was half asleep for all of it because I'd gotten up super early that day, but hey, if I was half asleep the whole time and never once fully fell asleep, then I think that shows it was an interesting movie. ;) It had a lot of action and mystery, but it wasn't without its cliches, gore and not-so-great moments. I'd watch it again.

3. Which fictional world would you least like to visit?

Without a doubt, the world of Panem in The Hunger Games. No siree, give me Narnia or Middle Earth or even the Star Wars galaxies, but I will pass on Panem any day.

4. Did anything historically interesting happen on your birth date?

Great question! I just looked it up. *sheepish grin* The most interesting thing I could find was that in 1949,  on the 27th December, Indonesia gained its independence from Holland after 400 years of Dutch rule. That's kind of cool!

5. What's your favourite historical era for movies/books? 

I still haven't decided, haha. It changes all the time. One era that always draws me in, though, is the very early 1900's, and the First and Second World Wars. 

Testament of Youth | What Movies Has Taron Egerton Been In ...
Can we just appreciate the fashion of those days? I mean, hello, HATS.

6. Poems or prose?

Poems! But I adore both. I write my own poetry, but haven't dabbled too much in prose. 

7. What is the best (most accurate to the spirit and letter of) book-to-movie adaption you've seen?

The first one that comes to mind is Anne of Green Gables (1985). I love the books, and I loved that movie, also. It naturally can't go quite as in depth as the books can with limited time, but I really believe the film captures the spirit of the book very well. Megan Follows IS Anne, for me. And Jonathon Crombie's Gilbert Blythe. 😍

8. Who's your favourite YouTuber?

Ohh, Katie Gregoire (or should I say Katie Emmerson now?), without a doubt. That girl has SASS and SPUNK and WISDOM and her brain goes a million miles an hour and I love her for it. I wish she posted more!

Katie Gregoire–Christian Youth Speaker | Sheila Wray Gregoire
I mean, that slogan! xD

9. Do you enjoy gardening?

Ehh, no. :P I was one of the few people who *didn't* start a vegetable or flower garden during quarantine. Yeah, sorry. I wish I was - it sounds so scrumptiously dainty and romantic. I can't even remember to water my succulent once a week. Oops.

10. Weird food combination you actually love?

See, this is the thing, I never know if something is weird until someone surprises me by disagreeing. :P Like, I love jam and cheese on a sandwich, but is that weird? Some people say yes, some people say no. *shrugs*
Oh, last year I tried a Mexican wrap that had fries inside it and I absolutely LOVED it. That was pretty weird. (For me, anyway. But just me eating takeaway food is weird, haha.)

11. What's your favourite movie streaming service?

I'm not actually a huge movie streamer. I prefer actual hard copy DVD's (I know, I know - OLD SCHOOL). I don't pay for any, so if something is on YouTube I get excited. ;) I'm not a huge fan of Netflix as I'm never impressed by their selections (they have bad taste for the most part :P) and Stan doesn't have heaps... and shockingly, I don't have Disney+. My favourite movie provider is my local library and our overflowing DVD shelves. :D

Okay, so I'm not tagging anyone in particular, but if you would like to do it, by all means, fill out the tag! Let me know if you do. :D I''ll think up some new questions...

13 Spontaneous Day Trips That Are Less Than 3 Hours Away From Toronto - Narcity
Via Pinterest

1. What was your latest musical discovery?
2. What is a song that has been really Speaking to you lately?
3. Is there one TV show you've seen that gets better the further along you go?
4. What is your middle name?
5. If you were to change your name, what would you choose?
6. If you could do one new thing in 2020, what would it be?
7. If you could take any kind of dance class, what would you choose?
8. Have you ever climbed a mountain?
9. What is the largest book you've ever read?
10. What are your thoughts on social media? 
11. If you could change one thing that's trending right now, what would it be and what would you change it to?

Don't forget to go out and get some sunshine, people! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)