Sunday, December 13, 2020

12 Delights of Christmas Tag

 Hello friends!

Today I have a scrumptious Christmas tag courtesy of Heidi (thank you for both creating it and tagging me!). I am SO excited to put forth a post filled with Christmas celebrations and glitter. Let's get to it!

from Heidi's blog :)

1. A favourite Christmas tradition?
Ohh, so many! But ONE of my favourites is that every year, we decorate our Christmas tree as a family, and Mummy and Daddy buy each of us children a new individual ornament for the tree and wrap it up for us to open, so we then have a special ornament to remember each year by... we have a lot of unique ones (no two are the same!) and we also have quite a compilation now! But I think it looks beautiful.

2. Say it snowed at your domicile, would you prefer to go out or stay curled up inside? 
Oh my, wouldn't that be a sight?! Snow in the middle of summer?! xD I'm sure many Australians wouldn't be averse to experiencing a white Christmas! I for one would probably choose to go outside for a short amount of time to squeal and throw snowballs at sibling-sized-targets, but spend most of the day cozily curled up inside. ;)

via Pinterest

3. Tea or hot chocolate?
Is coffee not an option???! Haha. Hot chocolate all the way! (But also... coffee. :D)

4. Favourite Christmas colours (i.e. white, blue, silver, gold, red and green etc)?
Ooohh, that's a tough one! I will go with white and gold. It's so beautiful and elegant.

5. Favourite kind of Christmas cookie?
HOMEMADE GINGERBREAD!!! Also, coffee shortbread. Absolutely incredible. (And I just realized... I'm not sure if you would count these as cookies?? But we don't really *do* cookies per se at Christmas time if you don't count these haha.)

6. How soon before Christmas do you decorate (more specifically, when does your tree go up)?
It has changed several times over the years - it used to be 1st December, then the passionate Christmas lovers bumped it up to mid November, and gradually it's been pushed even further back... but now I'd say, roughly mid November? We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia (at least, most of us don't) so there's not much to hold us back! ;)

via Pinterest

7. Three favourite traditional Christmas carols?
"The First Noel", "O Holy Night" and "Mary Did You Know?" (if you count that last one as traditional). There are so many glorious carols out there though!

8. A Favourite Christmas song (i.e. something you might hear on the radio)?
Ok guys, don't kill me for this one but Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" is so fuuun! xD I love singing along to it! Granted, it IS overplayed, but it's still fun. A close second would be Michael Buble's "It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas" and Celine Dion's "Feliz Navidad". 

9. A favourite Christmas movie?
I honestly haven't seen a huge heap of Christmas movies, and a lot of the modern ones really aren't my thing, but "The Nativity Story" does have a special place in my heart. :) <3 


10. Have you ever gone caroling?
Unofficially, yes! I remember one Christmas our extended family (who are all very musical) decided to walk out on my grandparent's road where they had a huge Christmas light display that people would drive to look at, and we walked around and sang a few carols in a couple places, some with backing music and others acapella. I distinctly remember (this all being completely impromptu) that we spontaneously did a four or five part harmony on the final note of one of the carols (I think it was "The First Noel") and it was so exciting! Definitely one of my favourite Christmas memories.

11. Ice skating, sledding, skiing or snow boarding?
Hahaha.... ha... ahem... well, let's just say I've only done one of those four things, and that would be ice skating, and I am quite dreadful at it. I think perhaps in Australia it would be more accurate to say surfing, body boarding, swimming or cricketing? ;) But in a make-believe, dreamy snow world, I would choose sledding, please.

12. Favourite Christmas feast dish?
Hands-down the fancy Christmas dinner my mother makes every year with roast pork wrapped in bacon, and maple syrup marinate over the roast and the veggies. It's simply divine.

via Pinterest

Thank you so much for this tag, Heidi - it was so much fun! I'm tagging:




... and whoever else would like to fill it out! :)

Have a fabulous day all, and blast those Christmas tunes! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the tag!! :D

    It's so wild for me to think about Christmas during summertime weather ... I'd have a lot to get used to if I ever moved to Australia, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Looking forward to seeing your answers. :D

      Haha, yeah, I think it is pretty crazy for most people in the Northern Hemisphere to imagine, hehe. I think it's neat how everyone can experience Christmas in their own, unique way, though! :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I love your ornament tradition!

    The Nativity Story is such a good movie! It follows the story very faithfully, but there's humor woven in, too! (One extra camel...) My family watches that one every year.

    Oh, your unofficial caroling sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samantha! Me too. :)

      Isn't it?! I love how simply and faithfully it captures the story, while still telling it well and creating a beautiful movie from it.

      Ohh, it was! Sometimes, I think unexpected adventures are the most exciting of all. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oooh such loveliness!! *happy sigh...*

    Haha, I really wanted to tag you and completely forgot how you'd obviously have to tweak some of the answers. It's so fun to read about your Christmas!

    The ornament tradition is delightful. My parents did that too and it was so fun to take them out each year and then to have when I moved out/got married and we have our own tree.

    I'm now seriously gonna have to look up coffee short bread. They might have it here; I just haven't run into it in our neck of the woods.

    And I've seen one scene but not the entire Nativity film. The picture -- well all of your picture choices! -- are so beautiful.

    So happy you were able to fill out the tag! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi! :)

      Yes, thank you so much for tagging me - that was so thoughtful of you. <3 And I don't mind tweaking things a little (I'm used to it ;)) - it's fun letting other people know what it's like for us to experience our summer version of Christmas!

      Yes, that's one thing I'm looking forward to - having some ornaments to bring with me when/if I get married and have our own Christmas tree in our own house. :)

      Hehe, it's amazing! Only I haven't actually seen it being sold at the stores - we make it ourselves, with a family recipe. (I can pass it on if you would like it. ;))

      Thank youuu. Xx

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)