Monday, October 25, 2021

Jane Austen This or That

Hey friends! 

Some days I just feel like doing a lazy little tag post, and today is one of those days. ;) So I present to you a lovely little Jane Austen This or That created by Cordy

1) Who is a cuter couple? Emma and Mr. Knightly or Jane and Mr. Bingley?

I'm quite sure Mr. Bingley and Jane win the cuteness award! 

See?! CUTE!
via Pinterest

2) You must go to tea with Mrs. Jennings or Mrs. Bennet. Who would you rather go with?

*shudders to think I'd have to dine with either* Probably Mrs. Bennet. She would simply talk about herself and her problems (and her daughters' prospects) but Mrs. Jennings would just embarrass and tease me mercilessly in a she-thinks-it's-funny-but-I-would-say-otherwise kind of way.

3) Dance with Edward Ferrars or Charles Bingley?

Charles Bingley. Just seeing his goofy, grinning face would keep me entertained the whole dance. xD I would prefer that to any awkward stammer of Edward's. 

via Pinterest

4) Who would you rather have as a big sister? Jane Bennet or Elinor Dashwood?

Ohh, that's so hard. I'd love both, but I think I would go with Elinor. Her qualities of practicality, logical advice and a genuine caring attitude would be highly valued. :) <3 Marianne didn't know what a gem of a sister she had.

5) Worst villain? Wickham or Willoughby?

Yick to both, but I would say I tend to get angrier at Willoughby. When Elinor receives him in a cold manner I can't help rallying behind her and thinking, "That's right, Elinor! You tell him! Slap him - slap him HARD." :P


6) Take a walk with Mrs. Weston or Mrs. Gardiner? (Mrs. Weston is Emma's old governess and Mrs. Gardiner is Elizabeth's aunt.)

Ohh, Mrs. Weston for sure! She always seemed like such a fun companion to me - quite wise and mature, but also able to have a lark and be a little mischievous too. :D

7) Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley?

Mr. Knightley all the way! I still don't get why people are so attracted to Mr. Darcy - he rubs me the wrong way. :P (Oh OK fine, he's much nicer by the end, but he's still not a big ball of fun either.) I'm not sure I'd actually marry Mr. Knightley but I appreciate him much more, and love his role as a big brother in Emma's life, before their romance began.

via Pinterest

And there ends the little bit of period drama delight for the day. Maybe it'll inspire you to pull out one of your favourite Jane Austen stories. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I agree on all of these except Mr. Darcy I like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be pleased to know, Skye, that I recently re-read Pride and Prejudice and I came away with a much bigger appreciation for Mr. Darcy than I've ever had before. I find that the older I get, the more I appreciate his character and story.

      Delete
  2. Lovely answers! Except that, like Skye, I would pick Mr. Darcy over Mr. Knightley any day. Maybe because I'm quiet and shy, and quiet and shy people often get along extremely well together because neither of them expects the other to be entertaining or chatty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) As I just mentioned to Skye, I just finished re-reading Pride and Prejudice and I must admit, I do have a much higher opinion of him now than when I wrote this post. I think perhaps it is that he is so quiet and shy that I don't "get" him as much, as I'm not at all like that myself. ;) Perhaps my mind is too much like Elizabeth's was at the start of the book... I am exactly her age. :O

      Delete
    2. That's so cool that rereading it gave you a new perspective on Mr. Darcy!

      Also, I tagged you with a book tag I made up. Play if you want to!

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)