Monday, October 18, 2021

Sunshine Blogger Award (Again :))

Hey friends!

I was tagged by Hamlette with the Sunshine Blogger Award way back in... *checks date* Oh, goodness... *hides in shame*... January?

And then, (decidedly more recently), Olivia also tagged me with the same award back in September (which makes me feel a little better about myself?). Today seems like a perfectly good day to participate in the tag, for two reasons:

  1. It is a rainy day outside, and I need some sunshine in my life.
  2. I have a head cold and feel rather miserable, so any distraction at present is welcome. (I'm quite literally the picture of Kathleen Kelly in the end scenes of "You've Got Mail" where she's all nasal-sounding and surrounded by tissues.)

Ze Rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.

2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.

3. Nominate 11 new bloggers the award and write them 11 new questions.

4. List the award rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog.


Without further ado, I present to you my answers! First up, is Hamlette's questions:

1. Fantasy or sci-fi?

I tend to be quite "choosy" with both, but fantasy definitely surpasses sci-fi. (The imaginative worlds in fantasy are so much more aesthetically pleasing, you know.)

2. Tragedy or comedy?

Oohh, that's a difficult one because I appreciate both. And both really have to be well-done. But I do believe I prefer a good comedy - I can enjoy many more of them, and at this stage in my life, I much prefer uplifting content.

3. Fiction or nonfiction?

This is one of those things that I swear changes based on what season of life I'm in at the moment. Currently, I'm very much enjoying fiction and losing myself in worlds outside that of my own. (I'm re-reading "Pride and Prejudice" at the moment, and ahh, I love it so much. <3)

4. Snow or rain?

That's hard! I've never even seen snow, so I feel very tempted to pick that! However, I hear it's not very pleasant in a practical sense, with driving, the aftermath and whatnot. So, I think I will have to pick rain, as I do enjoy both the tranquility and chaos it brings.

the aesthetic of a rainy day brought to you by Pinterest

5. Orange juice or apple juice?

Oh, by far apple juice! Unless the orange has mango or passionfruit in it, then it wins. But if just straight, it's rather too acidic for my liking. Especially the one with the pulp. *shivers*

6. Christmas or Easter?

For the celebration side of things, Christmas by far. I love the coziness and excitement and good wishes at that time of year. And I'd be lying if I said I haven't started the Christmas music already.

7. Middle-earth or Narnia?

Middle-earth, I think. There seems to be more to discover and explore there, and more cultures to experience. Narnia was more my childhood dream destination. ;)

just leaving these cuties here

8. Marvel or DC?

Ugh, do I have to pick either? Fine; DC, expressly because Batman (the Christian Bale Batman, I might add) exists. But I could live perfectly happily if neither existed. :P

9. Star Wars or Star Trek?

I've never seen Star Trek, nor do I have a great deal of interest in doing so. I do enjoy Star Wars, although I certainly have to be in *the mood*. (I feel as though my tastes are a lot more mood-related now than they ever used to be. Oh dear.) Star Wars it is.

10. Old movies or new movies?

In general, new movies. I appreciate the acting styles in more modern movies, and I also enjoy the cinematography much more, as well. Old movies have their charm, though, and I'm definitely not a snob about it. ;)

11. Old books or new books?

OLD BOOKS! I enjoy some new books, but old classics have my heart. I love the idea that so many other people have enjoyed the book before me, and loved the characters as much as I. I'm sentimental like that, I guess.

And now onto Olivia's questions! :) 

1. Summer or winter?

With beach days, sunshine, summer storms and blue skies, ice cream dates, school holidays, cute summery dresses, and watermelon... is that even a question? ;)

Does this not scream summer?

2. Spring or autumn?

Spring!! I'm as wild about spring as I am about summer, and still can't make up my mind which out of the two I prefer.

3. Desert or tundra?

Ehh, how about a relaxing beach? No? Well, I'll pick the tundra then, for the sake of variation.

4. City or country?

I have learned to appreciate both, but the country has my heart. <3 I can breathe more deeply there.

5. Neutrals or pastels?

Ohh, pastels! I love me some cute pastels. Especially ones with summery/spring vibes. ;) 

I mean, don't pictures like this just give you a thrill?!

6. Solids or patterns?

Hmm, depends what for... I like the traditional spots and stripes, but I don't go for really complex patterns. I like simple. So if it's more sophisticated than spots or stripes, I'll go with solids, haha.

7. Film or television?

Film, although when it's an average "just-got-home-from-work-and-don't-have-the-energy-for-a-2-hour-movie" day, I'm guilty of sitting down and watching some television with the family. I like the real-life medical shows, specifically "Ambulance" or "Paramedics". And I do have a soft spot for "The Voice", no matter how staged things are.

8. Fiction or non-fiction?

See my answer above to Hamlette's same question.

9. Action or musical?

Ahh, don't do that to my heart! xD In general, MUSICALS all the way! But if it's a film, I do enjoy a good action movie, if it has a backbone of a plot to it. Recently, I'm beginning to realize how much more I appreciate musicals live as opposed to filmed or stage versions. (Guys, live theatre is just so underrated! Seriously! If you haven't seen a live show, go find one playing near you with a story you might like and GO SEE IT! And then tell me all about it so we can squeal together. :D)

Look! Here is proof that theatre is magical!


10. Romance or fantasy?

Ooohh, that's hard. Maybe romance? But if it's a romance, it has to have some sort of story going for it as well, not simply Henry + Sally = Henry & Sally. You know?

11. Blog or Instagram?

*cough* It's seems rather cutthroat to acknowledge this on my own blog, but I must admit, Instagram has definitely been more convenient of late. When you only have a few minutes to kill, it's way easier to pull it up on your phone than log into blogger and read a lengthy blog post. Still, I do love to read my friends' writing, and I get excited when people write long captions to their Instagram photos, so maybe I'm just obliging my lazy side? 

because is a post complete without
 a picture of flowers?

So now that I feel so bad about my delayed response to these tags, I'm going to droop my head and waddle out. If anyone wants to steal these questions or consider themselves tagged, by all means go ahead! For the sake of conversation, tell me, is it raining or sunny where you are at the moment? And what are your thoughts on social media? Is blogging better than Instagram? And have you started listening to Christmas music yet?!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, P&P rereads are the best!! :)

    I'm with you on the new movies thing! I just like them better for "everyday use".

    The country has my heart, too, for sure. <3

    Live. Theatre. All. The. Way. I miss going to see live shows with my family before COVID! I'm hoping maybe we can go see one when I go home from University for Christmas...

    Hmm, I like Instagram, but I'm not *on* Instagram, and I don't think I every will be regularly. I think blogs tend to lead to more meaningful interactions (not *always* but *often*/*most of the time*) because of the extra space, so I definitely like that better!

    For the sake of conversation, it's sunny here right now, but cool, which makes me happy! And call me a rebel, but I'm not going to start listening to Christmas music until I got home for Christmas in mid-December. Or at least that's the goal. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad it's not just me. :) There seems to be a lot of people in the blogging circles I'm in that prefer older films but I just... the QUALITY, guys.

      Yayyy! Ahh, it makes my heart happy when other people love and support live theatre too. :') Yes! Do it!! And then tell me all about it. ;D

      Yes, that is very true. As a general rule (and it does depend on what kind of pages you follow on Instagram), blogging is a lot more interactive. I feel like Instagram is more of a consumer market, and blogger is focused a lot more on the interactive side of things. *nods*

      Oh, that sounds lovely! It's great when you can enjoy the sunshine without being attacked by it, haha.
      Whaaat?! Scandalous, Samantha! xD I think that's perfectly fine, and out of us two I think maybe I'm the rebel. I have not the self control to wait that long. But I like Christmas too much to NOT draw it out hehe.

      Thanks for your lovely comment! <3

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)