Monday, September 7, 2020

Life Update + Happy Things

 Hey friends!

Just popping in with a few things to tell you, as they will probably cause me to implement a few changes around here. 

a-delightful-moment: “Our Food Stories ”
Via Pinterest

So, the biggest update I have for you is that I got a new job! Hooray! After almost two years, I have finally gotten the job I've been trying for - a receptionist position. (I know, some people can't imagine enjoying that but it's honestly something I have wanted for a long time. I love communicating and organizing, and an administration position is great for that.) It's quite a complicated role, and will take me a few months to settle in and know my way around the system, but I am excited for the challenge. The people there are so lovely and welcoming. I'm keeping my cafe job, too, thereby doubling my work hours for the week (turning it into a five day working week).

Obviously, this means I'm going to have a lot less free time. I'm flat out trying to squish in my tap dancing and singing lessons, and alas for my poor blog. However, I am not giving up on it yet. 

It may be ambitious, but I do want to keep up with blogging in some way, shape or form. Without a doubt, I won't be able to post as often, nor keep up as well, but I'll do my best. 

I mostly wanted to forewarn you that my posting may be rather haphazard and inconsistent, but hopefully still a reality. So if I disappear off the face of the internet, just know that it's probably because I'm napping after a long working week. ;) (Just kidding, I hardly ever nap.) (Although I definitely advocate them.)

47 Relaxed Wildflower Wedding Ideas | HappyWedd.com #PinoftheDay #relaxed…
Via Pinterest

Since this post may seem a little flat if I leave it like this, I thought I would add a quick little section of things that have made me happy lately. Because we all need a little positivity. :)

Things That Have Made Me Smile:

  • When I was driving on the day I had my interview for the new job, my local radio station played a song I had requested from them MONTHS BEFORE. It literally made me so happy. :') I was shouting and singing at the top of my lungs, haha! (And if you're curious which song it was, it's called "If I Don't Have You" by Love and the Outcome.)
  • The crazy amount of well wishes I have had for my new job. People are so encouraging and supportive, and it honestly makes my day.
  • Lauren Daigle's album "Look Up, Child" has given me LIFE the past few months. Love it.
  • Listening to podcasts (particularly the "Whoa That's Good" podcast) and doing my bullet journal

  • The fact that spring has finally arrived!!! I can't believe it's here already! But I'm very happy about it. :D I've already dumped all my winter clothes in favour of cute summer dresses and singlet tops.
Via Pinterest

  • The snuggly, fluffy baby guinea pig that we have. When it was first born, it easily fit into the palm of my hand... and I have small hands. ;)
  • Taking a step back, and realizing that almost all of my prayers from a few years ago have been answered. It's so amazing when you realize how much God listens, and cares.
  • Also realizing that God's "no's" have been as good as His "yes's" because I can see now how His plan was so much greater for me than what I thought it was in the moment.
  • The strawberries that my little sister painted onto my toenails, haha. Every time I look down at them, I smile.
Via Pinterest

I'll end there, but please add to my list and let's create a page full of sunshiney thoughts!

Tell me, what are some things that have made you smile lately?! :D

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, congratulations on the receptionist position! You're going to be amazing! *high fives*

    "LOOK UP CHILD" YAAAASSSS. I love that album so much.

    Can I just say that I admire how faithful you are to look back and trace God's faithfulness and truly give THANKS for it? And how you offer him the sacrifice of praise and joy? It is inspiring. <3

    Also, I love all these pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award, if you're interested. :D

      http://meanwhileinrivendell.blogspot.com/2020/09/sunshine-blogger-award.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Olivia!! *high-fives back* I'm very excited about it, especially about the fact that I get to wear a really cool headpiece with a mic. ;D

      I KNOWWWW. I literally never get tired of it. Every time I go to the library and cruise past the CD section, if I see that album there, I WILL take it... even if I only got it out two weeks ago. xD Just. so. good.

      Really?! Wow, thank you. <3 It's a habit that has brought about so much peace and contentment for me, so I really hope I can encourage others to do so as well. I'm still learning how to do it, but God gives us so many opportunities for us to see how incredible and praiseworthy He is. :) <3

      Thank you - me too. :D I wish I could take pictures as beautiful as that, and really admire people who have such a great eye for pretty things.

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)