Saturday, September 19, 2020

Sunshine Blogger Award

 Hello friends!

Olivia tagged me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I love sunshine and I love tags, so let's do this thing. :D


Rules

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog (thanks Olivia! 😘).
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions. 
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.

Olivia's Questions

1. Is there a particular song you would show to people if you were trying to explain yourself - your personality, your heart, your aesthetic, your inner landscape - in musical form?

Wow, this is such a great question, but also a very deep one. I could think of so many possibilities, but honestly, this is the one that keeps coming back to me:


Another song that I would gladly take as my anthem would be "Live Like You're Loved" by Hawk Nelson, but that would be more about my passion than my personality. (Also I feel like the cheat answer would be the Enneagram "Two" song by Sleeping at Last, haha.)

2. Do you like tattoos or no?

As a general rule, my answer is no. The average skull or giant picture tattoo that people get does not appeal to me in the slightest. However, I do appreciate the small, meaningful words people have tattooed, especially if it's in memory of someone, or one of God's promises. This may have partly to do with the fact that I have affinity for words on ANYTHING.

Just a random cute picture

3. What is your favourite thing about your favourite holiday?

Is it odd that in Australia we don't really call festive occasions 'holidays'? Holidays are what you Americans call vacation. ;) But anyhow, to get to the point, my favourite 'holiday' would most definitely be Christmas... what's less clear is my favourite thing about it. The general carefree, warmhearted attitude people having over Christmas time... the nostalgia, the festivity, the excitement that never goes away... but I especially love how we all get a chance to let go of everything else going on in life, and just celebrate Jesus. That's my favourite thing.

4. What non-story-related hobbies do you enjoy?

Oh girl... so many. I'm a multi-passionate person. ;D Music (namely piano and singing), theatre (hmm... is that a story??), dancing, bullet journaling, baking, languages, videography... quite a few!

5. Top 3 favourite TV shows?

That would be White Collar, Gilmore Girls, and the classic Get Smart. All totally different, all totally loveable. *hugses them*


6. What is one thing that the world needs more of, in your eyes? (Serious or trivial.)

The first thing that comes to mind is wisdom, to be honest. Or just plain common sense. I wish people would think for themselves more, and realize that it's important to question what others present as facts, and know the truth for yourself. 
But also, in a trivial light, I think the world needs more musicals. ;) (Never enough to suit me!)

7. What is one thing that the world needs less of, in your eyes? (Serious or trivial.)

That one's easy! A reliance and use of technology. (*cough* Says the girl as she types up a blog post.) But I genuinely believe the common addiction to screens and phones is not something to take lightly. It's literally wrecking our society. *hops down from soap box before a rant takes shape*

8. Do you need more cool air or more heat when you sleep?

Well, as I live in Australia, I'm tempted to say cool air, but I think I would sooner go heat, because if I am hot, I will eventually get to sleep, but if I am cold, I will literally lie there shivering for hours and it is NOT fun.

9. What scents do you tend to love in candles, perfumes, etc?

All the flowery ones! Also those ones that tend to smell like fruit punch. (Is that odd?) 

10. Top 3 favourite animals?

This changes all the time... but at the moment, birds (especially ducks <3), dolphins and dogs. (I'm SO original, I know.) (Cats and elephants also follow up that list closely.)

I mean, how can you not love this adorable ball of fluff??!

11. Socks or no socks?

Oh, no socks all the way! I hate wearing shoes or socks, and would go barefoot all the time if I was able to. 


My Questions

1. What is your dream job?
2. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
3. What is your go-to beverage order?
4. Do you normally try new items on a menu, or the same thing every time?
5. Chocolate or caramel?
6. What is the nicest compliment you've ever been given?
7. If you could learn any language in one day, what would it be?
8. Which actor/actress looks the most like you?
9. Can you hold a handstand?
10. Do you ever wear glasses?
11. Spots or stripes? 

I just like flower pictures, m'kay?

I WOULD tag people, but almost everyone has already been tagged... so, if you've been holding out for someone to tag you, by all means, I dub you my nominee and you may take these questions and run away with them! Just don't forget to come back and let me know. ;) (And of course, feel free to answer them in the comments if you'd prefer.)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, fun answers!

    *gasp* YESSS, I can totally see all three of those songs as "encapsulating" you! "Dream" is such a soothing song, ack. :D

    I knew non-Americans called "holidays" what we call "vacations," but I didn't know that you didn't call festive events holidays! Learn something new every day. ;-P

    Ah, Gilmore Girls. Such fun. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really?! Well, I'm glad that they weren't too whacky of an answer then, haha. xD And I knooowww, "Dream" is BEAUTIFUL. I want to learn guitar just so I can play that, haha.

      Haha there ya go. ;) There might be the odd exception, but you definitely wouldn't hear the average Aussie going around calling Christmas a "holiday" hehe.

      Exactly so. <3

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)