Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Tolkien Blog Party Tag Answers!

For many years, I have participated quietly on the sidelines for Rachel's Tolkien Blog Party, but now that I finally have my own blog, I can actually join in properly! Suffice to say, I am Very Happy about this. ;)

Today I will be filling in the tag answers that Rachel has created for her 8th annual celebration of Tolkien's works. :D
Via Pinterest
1. What Tolkien character do you think you're the most like?
Oddly enough, the first character that comes to mind is Bilbo Baggins. He's not out there to make history or prove his honour or discover treasure - he's going on an adventure, and he's making more friends while he does so. He enjoys comfort (*raises hand*), good food, and takes awhile to find his feet and try his courage. I do believe if I were ever given such an opportunity as Bilbo, I would resist it out of fear at first, then eventually give in, and by the end of it, wonder how I ever had lived my life in such a dull way beforehand.

2. What Tolkien character do you wish you were more like?
Eowyn. I love her strength and her courage, her convictions and her skills. I have a whole post coming on why I love Eowyn so much, so stay tuned for that. ;) (For the record, however, Aragorn comes in as a close second.)
Via Pinterest
3. What would your dream home in Middle-earth be like?
Very much like a Hobbit Hole! Only, I would prefer one with plenty of windows, which seems a little ironic. But something cozy, homely, with nooks to read in, a large kitchen, and green meadows surrounding my house, where flowers grow easily - that would be perfectly lovely!

4. You get to make a movie of the story of Beren and Luthien!  Who do you cast as the leads?
Oh goodness, I've never thought of this before! Well, she might be too old for the part now, but Amelia Warner would play a convincing Luthien, in my opinion... Beren I'm a little more stumped on. Armie Hammar keeps coming to mind, but I feel like he might be a little too... modern?
5. Have you ever marathoned the LOTR or Hobbit movies?
Yes! Last year I joined my two older sisters in watching all three extended Lord of the Rings films in cinema, back to back. I believe it was over 12 hours of film. (And no, I do not normally watch that much screen, haha.) To top it off, we did the entire thing in costume! I had a very stiff back by the end of it, but it was worth every second, and I felt like I had really joined the fellowship on their exhausting journey, and experienced it in a more in-depth way.

6. Do you have a favorite song or track from the movie soundtracks by Howard Shore?
Why, "Concerning Hobbits" of course! It's so peaceful, yet lively. I always let out a happy sigh whenever I hear it, and immediately picture green meadows and children chasing butterflies.

7. Which of Tolkien's characters would you like to be best friends with?
Faramir, please. :) <3
Via Pinterest
8. Who of the people in your real life would you want in your company if you had to take the ring to Mordor?
Probably my older sisters, because they would be good at roughing it, and my older brother because he's a nurse haha, and then I would query all my friends to see who was the most fluent in Elvish. ;) But I would probably also be that person that would ask EVERYONE to join me because the more the merrier, right?! (Also, I would need all the help I could get, *cough*.)

9. Have you read any of Tolkien's non-Middle-earth works?
No, although I have listened to the "Farmer Giles of Ham" on tape, so does that count? (It was most amusing.)

10. Is there a book by Tolkien you haven't read yet, but want to?
Not in particular, although perhaps someday I would like to tackle "The Silmarillion". 
Via Pinterest
Thanks for the fun questions, Rachel! I will be publishing a post on Eowyn later in the week, but in the meantime, go check out the epic giveaway going on!

6 comments:

  1. *gasp* Amelia Warner would be a fabulous Luthien! And I actually considered Armie Hammer for Beren, too, so. Great minds think alike. ;D

    "Concerning Hobbits" is so beautiful. "green meadows & children chasing butterflies" -- yes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Haha, well, that makes me feel better then, for choosing him. ;D

      I knowww. My sisters and I can play it on the piano and violin and it's so pretyyy.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I LOVE your answers!

    Very Much Like #'s 1 & 2

    And oh my goodness, your hobbit hole description is so delightful and cozy and inspiring. <3

    Armie Hammer would be a really interesting pick. And I see what you mean... Do you feel like he would bring more humor to the part? I've only seen him in The Lone Ranger.

    AGREED on #7

    And #8 made me laugh. xD

    Thank you for sharing! Reading your entire post is just.... *general happiness* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! :)

      Hehe, thank you! I've fully convinced myself I want to live in a Hobbit Hole now. xD

      He would be, I must admit. Oh, not so much humour, actually, although I definitely feel as though if you've seen him in The Long Ranger you'd know he can do that well, hehe. ;) But I've seen him in other films and he can do serious well, also. He plays a strong but tender character in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. which was partly what convinced me. Also, I feel as though he has a far-off dreamy gaze in his eyes, sometimes, which oddly reminds me of Middle Earth and elves, in a way. (Honestly, there wasn't much logic in this choice, haha. xD)

      Thank you <3

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you're finally able to "properly" participate! I loved reading your tag answers -- so well-thought-out.

    Armie Hammer does really well in period pieces, and he's definitely got the towering presence you want for Beren. I like it!

    A theater near us showed the trilogy last year too, and I couldn't go because my husband was out of town and I couldn't find someone to watch my kids for 12 hours. ARGH. Should've just brought them along and covered their eyes for the scary bits.

    Listening to audio books DEFINITELY counts! Science shows that our brains process books we hear and books we read in nearly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Rachel! I was SO happy to properly join the party this year. :D

      Yay! I do have a soft spot for Armie, I must admit. ;)

      Oh, that must have been frustrating! My little siblings are only JUST being introduced to the movies, now that my Dad has finally finished reading the books to them, hehe.

      Wow, really?! There you go! Good to know. ;)

      Delete

Please don't be afraid to comment! I was once a silent reader myself. :)